Jun 11, 2008

Why I now hate Seattle


For the past two weeks its been 48 degrees and raining in Seattle. Call me crazy but I thought it was summer. Everyone has dark circles under their eyes and are sort of walking around in a deppressed daze. Last weekend I was in the mall and all I could do was laugh maniacally when I saw the stores filled with board shorts and brightly colored tank tops. I was wearing a sweater. A SWEATER. IN JUNE. I NEED SUMMER! (T-minus three weeks until I get on a plane and leave this place forever)

4 comments:

  1. I turned on my heater this morning, it is depressing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, it's been cold here in Boise, too so I totally relate. The day you posted this blog I was walking down the street with Keoni. He was in his stroller, all covered up in blankets, and I was wearing a beanie and a hooded sweater. My hands were freezing and I thought, "Dang, I should've brought some gloves. It's JUNE 10th! What the heck??" Today has finally warmed up and the weekend is supposed to get even warmer. Hope you guys are warming up over there, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy smokes... that is so soon! Do you have everything all set up? apartment, jobs, where the grocery store is, how you are going to communicate... you are still going to Germany, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep still going to Germany. Cory is actually already there and working and I am jsut finishing up all the moving stuff. He is going to be finding us an apartment - they have him in temporary housing right now. Movers come on June 27!

    ReplyDelete