Aug 12, 2008

New and Improved

You may have noticed I haven't posted a recipe since mid May. This would be because I haven't cooked since mid-May (boo!). The moving madness began, and I still have close to another month before I get my shipment from the States with all of my dishes, utensils and what have you. Let me just tell you how excited I am for that.

Anyway, during my time away from the kitchen I am in the process of making my food blog something all its own. You can check it out HERE (holyfrijole.wordpress.com). I will be posting soon about food here in Germany, even if I am not cooking it, so stay tuned!

I am also in the process of giving my photography a blog all its own, but that is still very much a work in progress. In the meantime, I have been doing lots of playing in Photoshop with some of my old images. This is something I have never done a tremendous amount of (not in this way at least). I learned photography from photojournalists, studied photojournalism in college...so, lots of cosmetic post-processing in Photoshop just seems wrong (even if it is all the rage). I am getting over that however and discovering a whole new world :)

Here a couple I was playing with today, what do you think, were they better before or after? The before pictures are straight out of camera and the after is, well, after I messed with it in ways I never could have in the darkroom (I miss the darkroom. sniffle.) I am not so sure about the one of the little girl, I think it might be a bit much.

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE


AFTER

1 comment: