Nov 9, 2011

I heart film.


A little over a year ago I bought a Canon Ae-1 and last week I found the first roll of film I shot on it and finally had it processed (Its been a crazy year ok, in the middle of being pregnant, giving birth and raising a baby I sort of misplaced a lot of things).  But honestly, this highlighted for me why I love film so much and why I have been missing it for the instant-gratification take-as-many-frames as you want digital format.

Film slows me down.  I shoot methodically, carefully and deliberately.  I think about what I am looking at, I study the light, I think about the consequences of different exposures.  I study the frame and am more aware of composition.  And then, when a roll is finished...I wait.  I am removed from the moment, the scene, my thought process and when I get the processed results I see it with fresh eyes.


I love the whole process (even more so when I can get in the darkroom and process and print myself).  Digital has done great things for photography but for me, the art form is so intrinsically linked to film.  The different images you can create with different cameras and types of film is, to me, impossible to replicate digitally (don't even get me started on the difference between a silver oxide  print and an ink one).


(these images were taken in Poland last September).

7 comments:

  1. Want to meet new people online and offline? Connect with others on http://www.facebook.com/weclic.net!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://mylittlebafcorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hittoplay is the place where you can have endless entertainment, Holiday destinations places to visit in the world .Content: Songs, News, Cooking Recipes, Technology, Religion from all around the world on demand or live places must visit is just a click away . beautiful places
    Life without entertainment is colorless tourist places and we offer the best entertainment holiday places That you could have ever experienced. places you can’t imagine We believe in providing best places in the world latest and the best quality, dangerous places Video experience. romantic places

    ReplyDelete
  4. هو المكان الذي يمكن أن يكون الترفيه التي لا نهاية لها وجهات العطلات . المحتوى أغاني ، أخبار ، وصفات الطبخ ، والتكنولوجيا، أماكن للزيارة في العالمالدين من جميع أنحاء يجب الأماكن زيارة العالم على الطلب أو أماكن جميلة يعيش هو مجرد انقر بعيدا. الحياة الأماكن السياحية من دون الترفيه هي ، ونحن نقدم أفضل الأماكن غامضةوسائل الترفيه التي يمكن أفضل الأماكن في العالمأن يكون في أي وقت مضى الأماكن الخطرة . ونحن نعتقد في تقديم أحدث أماكن رومانسيةوأفضل نوعية ، تجربة فيديو

    ReplyDelete
  5. sidney@mail.postmanllc.net

    ReplyDelete


  6. المهندس للتسويق الالكترونى
    شركة تنظيف بالرياض
    شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياض
    شركة تنظيف واجهات بالرياض
    شركة تنظيف مجالس بالرياض
    شركة تنظيف مساجد بالرياض
    وايت شفط بالرياض
    شركة تنظيف قصور بالرياض
    شركة تنظيف مسابح بالرياض
    شركة تنظيف فلل بالرياض
    شركة تتنظيف شقق بالرياض
    شركة تنظيف خزانات بالرياض
    شركة دهانات وديكورات بالرياض
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالرياض
    شركة تسليك مجارى بالرياض
    شركة عزل اسطح بالرياض
    شركة عزل خزانات بالرياض
    فنى كهرباء بالرياض
    شركة تركيب سراميك ورخام بالرياض
    شركة تركيب نجارة الباب والشباك بالرياض
    شركة ترميم المنازل واعمال البناء بالرياض
    شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض
    شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض
    شركة تنظيف بالدمام
    شركة تنظيف مساجد بالدمام
    شركة تنظيف منازل بالدمام
    شركة تنظيف واجهات بالدمام
    شركة تنظيف مجالس بالدمام
    شركة تنظيف قصور بالدمام
    شركة تنظيف مسابح بالدمام
    شركة تنظيف فلل بالدمام
    شركة تنظيف شقق بالدمام
    شركة تنظيف خزانات بالدمام
    شركة دهانات وديكورات بالدمام
    شركة تنظيف بالرياض
    افضل شركة تنظيف بالرياض
    افضل شركة تنظيف فلل بالرياض
    افضل شركة تنظيف شقق بالرياض
    شركة تنظيف سجاد وموكيت بالدمام
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام
    شركة تسليك مجارى بالدمام
    شركة عزل اسطح بالدمام
    شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالدمام
    شركة نقل أثاث بالدمام
    شركة تنظيف بخميس مشيط
    وايت شفط الصرف الصحى بالرياض
    شركة شراء الاثاث المستعمل
    المهندس
    المهندس
    المهندس

    ReplyDelete