Jan 26, 2009

Alkaline Trio at The Lido

On Sunday night I got to go see one of my favorite bands live (this was our second time, we last saw them in Arizona about 4 years ago). Not just live, but at one of the best venues I have been to - The Lido in Kreuzberg. Conveniently, its just block away from me and Cory's work. Not that it mattered on a Sunday night, but anyway...the show was completely amazing. So much energy, such good stage presence...and an awesome crowd. We came away from from the show with lots of new friends.

Of course, when I got there my camera died immediately. Grrr. Luckily, quite a few people at the concert already uploaded videos but the quality isn't the greatest. No pictures up yet that I can find though. The second video was apparantly someone standing directly next to me. Check out the third video for a good listen if you don't know Alkaline Trio, because I personally find them to be quite excellent.

And if you live in Berlin or are interested in living in Berlin, here is more information on Lido.

Next weekend I get to see Rise Against for the second time - the first was 4 or 5 years ago at the Marquee Theater in Tempe - they opened for Bad Religion and it was the first I had heard them (I also moshed with Tim McIlrath, the lead singer later in that show -ooh Im so cool! It was one of the best concerts ever...) this time they are headlining and it will be at Columbia Halle. I am excited!






1 comment:

  1. Hello. ..Thx and I interest your posting ….Wishing you a very Happy day and smile for you http://baganbatublog.blogspot.com/tchy

    ReplyDelete